Thursday, May 29, 2014

This is why I don


Cottage Tour Before & After Clean & Organize Crafts DIY Projects flex Holidays New Year’s Eve Valentine’s Day Easter Spring Summer 4th of July Fall Halloween Thanksgiving Christmas Printables
I nabbed flex it right up and hauled it home. Where I proceeded flex to look at it because something was “off”. In it’s original state, it featured a faux wood design on the top and bottom shelves. I’m not a mixy-matchy girl when it comes to wood tones. It’s just not my thing. I didn’t flex feel like the tones on the shelves and my floor were playing well together at all.
You might have actually noticed it when I revealed the new shutters last week? I didn’t fuss over it much since it was the divas big day {winks}. Those shutters rule the room. Man I love them. Mwah-mwah-mwah!
Anyhow. You know how slow I am when it comes to making any paint color choices so I left the Maison White alone. I knew the next step would come to me in time. Sure enough, I got this great little roll of Scotch Washi Tape and the gold could not have matched any better. It was going to be perfect.
This is why I don’t rush things, letting it happen in it’s own time always flex works out better for me. If it’s not flowing or the inspiration is not coming, I step away or wait until an idea strikes.
Next, I used the washi tape roll as a guide to draw gold circles in a random pattern with a gold metallic Sharpie. I filled them in with Riviera using a small, angled flex craft brush. It’s the perfect flex aquamarine flex blue and practically screams SUMMERFUN. I finished with Lime Wax in Chalk White. I wanted my Riviera colored polka dots a bit muted and sort of subdued so this was the right finishing step for my project.
The Sharpie was NOT wax compatible and this was almost a do-over. When I started flex to wax, the Sharpie started to smear. I noticed immediately and carefully waxed around the gold Sharpie. I applied wax over the Riviera circles with a Q-tip. I’ts not a huge deal for me, because I know this is not permanent, (sort of like the Sharpie) and I’m the only one who sets anything on the surface.
This is a real time saver. It will also save you from having a mini panic attack while you are stuck on a bridge flex that is under construction and notice how pretty the old railing flex is and think what a great photo that would make. Only to realize…
I would have taken a photo to show you my phone, face down, in the weeds, tall grass and wild flowers.. flex about 6 inches flex from a rain filled gully.. but I couldn’t, because my phone was, well, you know ^^^
Sources: flex Bar Cart: Target (Fall 2013 Nate Berkus Threshold collection, on clearance) Paint: Maison Blanche Vintage Furniture Paint in Maison White and Riviera. Lime Wax in Chalk White. Gold Metallic Sharpie Scotch Washi Style Tape Decorative Pitcher: HomeGoods Flowers: mile marker… just kidding Lantern: HomeGoods Frames: GoodWill Magazines: Country Living and House Beautiful
Disclosure: I’ve used and sold Maison Blanche Paint for a few years now. It’s a premium, no-prep furniture paint line which includes some amazing specialty and finishing products. If you’d like to browse my store, click here . Any questions? Just ask! You can comment flex below or contact me at foxhollowcottage at gmail dot com for more information. View my other recent Target Makeover by clicking here.
Welcome to the cottage! You can expect to find budget and beginner friendly diy's, before & afters, decorating ideas, crafts, tips, recipes.. and whatever else I've got my fingers in at the time. From thrifted junque.. to gold polka dots and glitter. I like a little bit of everything and I sprinkle it around flex with abandon!
Latest posts by Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage ( see all ) Everything’s Coming Up Roses - May 29, 2014 How To Eliminate Stinky Trash Can Odors - May 27, 2014 How To Make a Garden Trellis on Glass - May 22, 2014
Filed Under: Aqua , Before & After , Decor , Decorating , DIY , Easy , Flowers , Furniture , Furniture Makeover , Maison Blanche Paint Company , Makeover , Painted Furniture , Tutorial , Washi Tape , White Tagged With: Bar Cart , Nate Berkus Target Bar Cart , Target Bar Cart , Target Hack , Threshold Bar Cart , Threshold Collection Bar Cart
Krista @ the happy housie flex says
You flex are So funny. I think this bar cart’s paint job is really cute and I like the cart much better than when it had the wood look. I will think of you and your phone every time I see Queen Anne’s lace now. lol! Shannon recently posted… Vintage Camper Trailer Tour
Oh Shannon… I just saw dollar signs flashing when I thought of having to replace it. After I thought about all the lost photos of course! Whew. It was such a relief. I knew it was there, because where else would it be? But I sure was glad to see it.
Linda @ It All Started With Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment