Monday, January 19, 2015

Finally, Honduras! I was pretty excited to visit the country with whom I share one of my favorite p


Finally, Honduras! I was pretty excited to visit the country with whom I share one of my favorite proverb, and the honor to meet the original banana republic. This term was coined more than 100 years and is still, unfortunately, fits Honduras in the exclusive domain of the military, violence and corruption, along with bananas. In this part of the world always before traveling too and I think I have some strahić (which gives all this adrenaline) from the fact that anything can happen. But when I go and stare at the road, I meet people all the fear is gone. The same thing happened in the "infamous" Honduras. I have already written to the locals here love warn foreigners about how everything is dangerous, and warned me not to, but could not go to Honduras. What does not make sense, because Honduras has tourism and is visited by tourists of all countries, some have returned alive :) Although we crossed the border overnight (which is, of course, "very very very dangerous") everything was fine.
In this post I present mondi town of Copán Ruinas, only one kilometer from the Maya ruins of the same name which I will write in my next post. This is a relatively quiet colonial mondi town with a beautiful square, mondi although mondi we are at every turn read the warning mondi to stay away from the city after midnight. Even our hostel had this warning mondi noting that with his feet on every corner on the way to the center of town, observing what happens to their guests and are ready to help if the guest hostel falls into trouble, but only until midnight. mondi Strange, but who would not mind. We had the "luck" that we visited Honduras a week before the election, so the whole town was held together with the face of a mustache right-winger, and his rival, left-winger mondi with the surname Castro and we are not met even though their survey gave an even chance. They warned us that this is a dangerous period mondi for the prior four years the day after the elections carried out the coup and the streets of the capital Tegucigalpa were besieged army. Also we had escaped before the election. We had a good, only sorry that at the end of our trip to the Caribbean we have not done over the San Pedro Sule, allegedly the most dangerous city in the world. Our curiosity was great, but we, because we visit Copan for not hitting the seal at the border but for everything else that decided not to tempt fortune that has accompanied us on this trip. Maybe next time ...
2014 (3) February (1) January (2) 2013 (37) December (4) Copán Ruinas, Honduras # 1 All wisdom of Belize Placencia, Belize Punta Gorda, Belize November (2) October (3 ) September (3) August (3) July (3) June (2) May (3) April (3) March (3) February (4) January (4)


No comments:

Post a Comment