Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Popayan was quite alive even though it was raining. Near the bus station there was a huge fruit mar


On that day in early September BOGOTA met me without rain is a strong black coffee. This first part in particular made me glad since I am traveling outside the dry season which runs between December to February. This automatically means a lot of rain, but also less crowded and lower prices. However, when it is not needed, the time that I served could not be better.
I was a few months ago, so why again Colombia? I still have so much to see. Of course it still remains. But the Colombian story is simply remained too vague, lacking the time.
That's why I'm here again, this time everything seemed easier, I felt like home. I took a cab at the airport and headed to the historic district candelar, in the same street where there was a hostel where I was last time. It seems to have it in the meantime closed so I only a few meters away on the same street landed in the hostel Martinique. From the speakers blared loud music and the hostel is more like a tattoo than to foster study object. Table next to the reception took the tattoo master and his current victim bravely held gripping teeth.
Gold Museum was still open so I popped down view setup, but when I did the last time. This a must stop for the average tourist in Bogota left me indifferent. When I returned to the hostel, arrived and my roommate, Israeli. He was finishing his journey end and I was just beginning.
Sunday, early awakening. Israeli and I are going to Monserrate, a hill that rises above Bogota and whose shrine is visited river people and especially on Sundays solid when they lift tickets / funicular cheaper. The lines were significant, but my comrade and I were quickly organized and each stood in their turn, one where the salary and the other where are taken online. Map allows the visitor is able to choose how to climb and descend, funicular or cable car. Although we first thought to combine both types of transportation, funicular we were delighted we are in the same manner and returned. The funicular solid is otherwise extremely steep, and partly passes solid through the tunnel. Screams of passengers was missing.
On the way to the hill to my eye caught one rock-bar so we spent the same night in a small space "The Doors" solid in her small company home side, while on the TV spun the old videos from the 90's. Smells Like Teen Spirit, numerous black and white photographs and posters solid of rock legends solid and a huge British flag on the wall.
Nemocón the salt mine at some 60 kilometers from the city. I tour the interior of the mine takes 40 minutes. By all calculations it should be a half-day trip from Bogota, as just before lunch, but Colombia solid has its own measurement units.
We set off at 9 am from the hostel and after one hour away by public transport, we came to a small bus terminal from which you move the local buses to smaller places solid around Bogota. As a direct bus to Nemocón there was, we took one of us is laganini panoramic just driving from one place to another pausing every now and picking solid up passengers solid ... and a good two hours. After changing another bus, somewhere after an hour in the afternoon finally we buy our tickets, and while waiting solid for a guide, tour the museum and walk on the surroundings of the mine. Mine is no longer engaged in the production, and its premises are used for various purposes, from exhibitions to rave parties.
Near the main square, we found one tucked restaurant and ordered a well-deserved snack. Back to Bogota was no less "painful" not shorter than the first stage. In the hostel we arrived at seven in the afternoon, when it was already pitch dark. Israeli began preparing for a comeback, says, as soon as it lands on the festival goes a friend who is getting married. Have a good trip and do not drink and drive.
I turn to the south this time, POPAYAN is my next destination. Bus First Class, movies of your choice on the small screen on the back seat, only a few passengers. I was thinking that I put in the itinerary a visit to the desert Tatacoa, but the lack of time I gave precedence to other destinations. And even the mention of a scorpion on each web page related to Tatacoa also did not help that I (dis) satisfied.
Popayan was quite alive even though it was raining. Near the bus station there was a huge fruit market and I could not and that at least something not take with me. A lot of sales. Mango, papaya, Chilean grapes, grapes polučileansko ... What is this?
I made a circle solid around solid the city and headed for the hill from which is certainly a nice view. There I stopped a police patrol and on several occasions pointed out that in this afternoon is not recommended nor safe to go up, and wet earth, but slowly turning to mud. I returned to the center and there are many of the world poured into the streets, many of them in yellow T-shirts. You do not need a lot of man to realize that some kind of game in question. Street vendors spread the Colombian shirts in all sizes up to the last moment tried to "paint" the city in yellow as much as possible. I do not know how

No comments:

Post a Comment